Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing a site image, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
In this movie, we will begin creating our museum project that we talked about in…the Intro chapter to the course.…What I have here on screen is a JPEG of the site that we are going to use for…our project, and we got this from Google Maps and you can see here that we have a…fairly large site available to us with a residential neighborhood up to the…north and a little bit more medium density developments down towards the south.…Now when we did our preliminary designs, we decided that the building is going…to go kind of in the center of the map right here and we are going to do our…main entrance with a nice big long promenade along this direction here.…
So that raises a couple challenges that we want to get into right away.…The first is we want to create our new Revit project and we want to bring this…image in to our work off of, and secondly we want to reorient it to match a…more convenient orientation for building the Revit model, but maintain the…actual direction of north as we go along so that later we can do some accurate…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.