Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing details, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] This one here is really awesome.…What I want to do is I wanna bring in a bunch…of predefined typical details that I've already…cleaned up that were in AutoCAD,…so what I did was I created a file called Master Details,…I brought in all of my AutoCAD details, I cleaned them up,…and now they're safe to bring into a live project.…This is how I recommend you do typical details.…Now, what I want to do is I want to go to the Insert tab.…On the Import panel I want to click on Insert From File.…
Now I want to click on Insert Views From File.…So, go ahead and click on Insert Views From File.…Now I want to scroll to where we're…keeping our exercise files,…I want to go to Chapter 6,…and I have a Masters Detail file here.…You could open up any project that has drafting views in it.…I'm gonna click open.…Now, we can just kind of go through…and we can select any items that we want.…
They're all cleaned up,…and I know they're approved details.…Pretty cool.…So, I'm just gonna select a few,…I'm gonna click OK.…I'm gonna click OK here.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin13h 7m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.