Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing CAD, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] The next thing I wanna do…is actually import some CAD.…We just did a drafting view and we drafted…lines from scratch, but I'm guessing you have…a lot of Auto CAD details sittin' around…that you could still use.…Let's do that.…Now, what I wanna do is, I want to go to the view tab,…I wanna click on drafting view, 1 to 10 is fine,…but be cautioned that you need to know what the scale is…of the CAD that you're bringin' in.…So my name is just gonna be Typical Detail.…
Now I'm gonna hit okay.…I'm gonna go to insert, now I want to import CAD,…I don't wanna link it, I wanna import CAD.…So click on import CAD.…I'm gonna go to where I'm keeping my exercise files,…now I'm gonna grab this detail.…For my colors I wanna go black and white,…for my layers or levels, I always like to just grab visible,…I don't wanna bring too much Auto CAD garbage into my model.…
Now for my positioning, let's go auto center to center,…but it's not gonna really matter…since we're talkin' about a detail.…I'm gonna click open.…So now we're lookin' at it,…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin33h 39m Intermediate
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.