Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Import tips, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this movie I want to wrap up our discussion of working with CAD files in…Revit by just sharing with you a few tips that you want to keep in mind.…Now whether we are talking about inserts or links, there are a few basic best practices.…So let me start off by talking about this Query tool that we've already looked…at in a few other movies.…If I select it, and come in here and touch one of the objects in this CAD file.…So you could see that that little hollow metal frame there at the top of my…door detail is on a layer called A-Detl -Bold and we looked at this in some of…the previous movies.…
What we haven't looked at yet is that there's actually some buttons down below here.…We can actually take that layer that we've just queried and we can hide it in…the current view, we can even delete it.…So let me start with Hide in the view.…So I'll click that, and as you might expect, it does exactly what that name implies.…It hides that element.…In this case it only hid the one element, because it just turned out that there…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.