Revit is a great BIM tool—but not a great concept tool. Learn how to convert and import models created in gestural conceptual tools like Google Blocks or Tilt Brush, and import those models into Revit for hard-line BIM modeling.
- [Instructor] Now we want to take the massing and the sketch…that we made in blocks and tilt brush and pull those…into Revit so we can use them as an underlay for our design.…In order to do that, we have to reformat them…into a format that Revit understands.…So we have Autodesk 3ds Max here.…We're going to go to file,…import,…navigate to documents,…blocks,…offline models.…Now by default, blocks gives a randomly generated name…to this folder.…
I've renamed it massing iterations to make it easier…to find and identify between other models…that I might have exported.…So I'll choose one of these models.…They're all the same but just in different formats.…Hit OK.…And it comes into our scene.…Now to make this easier to work with in the future,…let's check on the pivot point.…
Now I'm going to want to center this pivot point…on the building that I decided to detail.…Right on the ground.…Once that pivot point is set,…I can zero out the dimensions…to move my group to the center of the scene.…
Now let's do the same thing with our sketch.…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.