As your models become more complex, it can be difficult to see and edit certain elements …from time to time. …In a previous movie, we saw that we can use visibility graphic overrides to hide elements …at the category level. …Sometimes, however, you simply need to hide elements temporarily, or you want to hide individual …particular elements in a certain view. …So in this movie we're going to look at two ways that we can hide stuff: …we can hide things using the temporary Hide command or we can hide things in a more permanent …fashion, but we can do them object by object. …So again, in our exploration of visibility settings, moving our way from the most global …down to the most specific, we're starting to now hone in on things that are much more specifically …focused on very particular situations.…
So I'm in a view here called Hide Isolate, and I'm going to start with the temporary …Hide Isolate command. …Let's say that I want to do some work down in the foundation level. …You can see that if I move my mouse around here, I can get those walls to highlight, but …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.