Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Revit Areas.
- [Instructor] Well, this concludes are exploration…of area takeoffs in the area scheme feature in Revit.…I hope you found it useful,…and I want to thank you very much…for spending time with me…as we explore all of the area features.…If you're looking for something to watch next,…may I suggest Revit 2018: New Features for Architecture…or any of our essential training courses.…Or just do a search in the library,…and look for anything specific…that you might be looking for.…Thanks once again, and please take care.…
In this course, Paul F. Aubin explores the creation of area plans and areas, and discusses the workflow that enables them. Using these tools, see how you can group and quantify the spaces within a project, and create detailed and accurate calculations of all important areas. The resulting information can be presented graphically onscreen, printed, scheduled, reported, and exported as necessary to satisfy a variety of project stakeholders—those using Revit and those who don't. If you have found it difficult to capture the intricacies of area calculations in your Revit projects—or have only tried to do so using the room elements—then you owe it to yourself to give area elements a try.
- Getting started with area schemes
- Overview of the area scheme toolset
- Creating a Gross Building area calculation
- Calculating Rentable areas in a commercial building
- Creating Rentable area plans
- Customizing areas and area schemes
- Understanding area rules
- Non-traditional uses for area plans