In this video, explore the variety of GD tools that are available today. Knowing the different available tools can help you pick the best tool for the job.
- [Jeremy] Generative design is fast becoming a design tool … which allows designers to quickly develop … innovative design options. … This is only possible, however, … by the advancements of computational modeling tools … over the past 15 years or so, … and the most popular methods of developing complex … computational models is through visual programming tools … such as Grasshopper for Rhino and Dynamo for Revit. … These tools have increasingly been adopted by architects, … engineers and designers to develop complex design models … that are parametrically driven. … Visual programming allows us to stitch together design … algorithms which define the formation … of geometry through relationships. … Grasshopper also offers generative-type components, … such as Galapagos, which very quickly allows us to optimize … our designs through the generative design process. … Dynamo, the visual programming tool for Revit, … also offers ways to develop generative design scripts … using nodes which are specific for that process. …
- What is generative design?
- Loading and running a generative design study in Revit
- Reviewing outcomes
- Refining variables
- Generating studies in Dynamo
- Specifying inputs and outputs
- Exporting studies
- Importing Dynamo-generated studies into Revit