GD follows a repetitive process that you can learn about in this video. Understanding the fundamental logic behind GD provides you with a sound platform to start exploring from.
- [Instructor] When utilizing generative design … in our projects, there is a typical format … that a generative design process will follow. … This process is generate, evaluate, and evolve. … The generate phase of the generative design process … is the first step which consists of generating … potential design solutions to a design problem. … This set of designs is what we call … a population of solutions, which is the starting point … of any generative design process. … In this phase we, the designer, … specify the set of parameters that the generative algorithm … can adjust to generate different permutations of a design. … Say, for example, we had a tower … which we had parametrically developed … to use four different parameters: … length, width, height, and twist. … In the generate phase, … the algorithm would generate different design options … based on the variables provided. … The important thing to understand here … is that we set the parameters that the algorithm … can then use in the generation process. …
- What is generative design?
- Loading and running a generative design study in Revit
- Reviewing outcomes
- Refining variables
- Generating studies in Dynamo
- Specifying inputs and outputs
- Exporting studies
- Importing Dynamo-generated studies into Revit