Revit 2021 provides access to new GD tools that allow for easier access within Revit. In this video, learn how to leverage this tool and get the most out of GD in Revit.
- [Instructor] Revit now offers access … to generative design tools included with Revit 2021. … This tool set, … available in the Manage tab of the Revit toolbar, … allows users to generate, evaluate, … and optimize their designs through a simple interface. … This interface provides the inputs needed … to control all of the variables … that will influence the generative design process, … such as setting goals or constraints. … Once the user has set all the required variables, … they can go ahead and run the generative design process … by several different methods, … such as optimizing or randomizing variables. … As the generative design algorithm runs, … the user can carry on with Revit operations as normal, … as it generates the solutions in the background. … Once it has finished generating … and analyzing a variety of potential design solutions, … the user can search through and select … from the individual results found in the results window. … The chosen option is then incorporated into the Revit model. …
- What is generative design?
- Loading and running a generative design study in Revit
- Reviewing outcomes
- Refining variables
- Generating studies in Dynamo
- Specifying inputs and outputs
- Exporting studies
- Importing Dynamo-generated studies into Revit