In this video, learn how to get up and running with developing GD algorithms in Dynamo. As GD algorithms are developed in Dynamo and imported into Revit, understanding this process in Dynamo allows you to create your own study templates.
- [Instructor] So far in the course, … we have learnt how to create, prepare, … and run a study from within Revit. … For the remainder of this course, … we'll look at how studies are developed from within Dynamo … and deployed to Revit. … Dynamo allows us to develop algorithms … which are used to generate complex geometry, … automate workflows, and utilize generative design processes. … When a generative design script has been developed, … it can be packaged up and exported … so that it can be utilized in Revit by anyone. … All generative design studies that are used in Revit … are defined in Dynamo first. … So without Dynamo, we can't really create studies. … Generative design methods have been available in Dynamo … for quite a while, … but only recently made available directly in Revit. … If you're using Revit 2021, … then Dynamo is installed automatically on your machine, … along with generative design nodes … that allow us to create generative design scripts. … However, if you have an earlier version of Revit, …
- What is generative design?
- Loading and running a generative design study in Revit
- Reviewing outcomes
- Refining variables
- Generating studies in Dynamo
- Specifying inputs and outputs
- Exporting studies
- Importing Dynamo-generated studies into Revit