There are different types of GD methods that can be used to solve different problems which you can learn about in this lesson. Understand how different GD methods can be leveraged will allow for faster positive results using GD.
- [Instructor] When creating a new generative design study, … we need to specify a method type … which determines how the study will run. … This can be either optimize, randomize, cross-product … or like this. … So in this lesson, let's take a look … at what each of these mean, … and how they can influence the generative design process. … Let's start with optimize. … The optimize method allows us to generate … and evolve a multitude of design options … to improve a solution based on a single … or multiple objective design goals. … In doing so, the optimization method will aim … to either minimize or maximize some design criteria … by tweaking the parameters that drive the design. … For example, say that we wanted to optimize the amount … of twist in this tower, … to maximize the amount of sunlight entering the North face. … There are three things to consider … with an optimization study. … Firstly, what are the variables that can be adjusted … by the algorithm? … In this example, the variables are the rotation …
- What is generative design?
- Loading and running a generative design study in Revit
- Reviewing outcomes
- Refining variables
- Generating studies in Dynamo
- Specifying inputs and outputs
- Exporting studies
- Importing Dynamo-generated studies into Revit