Consider how BIM will affect the contractors.
- [Instructor] For our general contractors…and subcontractors, we need to think…about the answer for the question,…will fabrication-level BIM be created?…If the answer is no, then we don't need to go on.…But if the answer is yes, then we need to know…who in the organization will be creating…that fabrication-level BIM.…Is it a full-time staff member who just does nothing…but the fabrication-level 3D design models?…Is is someone who goes out in the field,…does installations for a while,…then comes back in and then does modeling?…Or are they outsourcing that work…to someone on the outside just to get the modeling done?…In terms of what the best practice…for this project would be,…we can specify that inside of the BIM Execution Plan.…
We also need to know,…will estimates be generated from the design model?…And we could also say, will estimates be generated…from the model produced by the general contractor…or the subcontractors?…Estimates are all based off…of the confidence that you have in the model.…So, the more accurate the model is,…
- Understanding the need for a BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Documenting the basic project information
- Specifying project milestones
- Identifying BIM goals and uses
- Determining how BIM will be used in design documentation
- Designing the BIM execution process
- Defining the LOD in the BIM Execution Plan
- Determining the information that needs to be in the model
- Collaboration procedures
- Defining the software to be used
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the BIM Execution Plan
2. Identify BIM Goals and Uses
3. Designing the BIM Execution Process
What is LOD?3m 28s
4. Collaboration Procedures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.