Get a feel for what you can do when you use game engine technology in architecture, engineering, and construction.
- [Instructor] An option of increasing relevance…in the AEC industry is to incorporate game engines…into the design workflow.…While these engines were created for games,…they're essentially spacial processing…and interaction engines,…and they can empower designers to build their own process.…I first began to realize the power of game engines…in the AEC workflow when I was practicing architecture.…I was laying out a development of townhouses…and needed a better way to iterate on the layout…and test the experience of occupying the designs.…
At first, I was spending hours sketching layouts…and then setting them up in Revit…and then stepping into them and finding the problems…and then repeating the process.…So then I brought the buildings into Unity,…the Unity game engine,…set up some simple interactions,…and within an hour or two,…I had an instant, immersive interaction tool.…Designers can build their own process…to fit the need of the projects they're working on.…The videos here are examples from my own work at Bevel.…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.