Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Finishing a custom stair, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
In this movie, we will complete the grand stair in the lobby of our museum.…In order to do that, we need to build the new run of the stair, starting at the…landing of the existing one.…So I am going to file here called Stair Landing, and it's already got the first…portion of the stair in it. And what I will do is go to our Second Level, zoom…in a little bit, and we want to start building right on that landing.…Now I have a section cutting through there. And the easiest way to do that is…going to be to open up this section, zoom in over here where the stair landing…is, and I am going to put a level right there at the top of that landing.…
Because you may recall that when you build your stairs, it starts from a level…and ends at a level much the same way that walls do.…So the easiest way to control where the stair begins is to add a level.…So on the Home tab, I click the Level button. And unless you want extra floor…plans in new Project Browser, its a pretty good idea to uncheck this box right here, and…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.