Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Finishing complex panels, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
In the previous movie we set up a framework of reference lines, reference…points, and relationships to get us started creating a complex space-frame…curtain panel family.…In this movie, we will continue on where we left off and build the actual forms…and the geometry to actually finish out the space frame.…So what I have here onscreen is a file called Complex Forms, and it's a family…file, and it's a saved version of where we left off at the end of the last movie, with a…small additional component in here.…At the center of each of these reference lines, I've added a reference point.…
Now we talked about this in the last movie, about how each of these points has…a parameter that determines where it occurs along its host line, and these are…all set at the midpoint so that they're at 0.5 distance with respect to their reference lines.…If you want to, you can actually change that to measure off the segment length or…off of cord length, if it happens to be curve.…So there are other options and that will change the units that are used here to measure.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.