Explore some non-VR things that you can do more easily now that you have made a VR-ready BIM model. Learn about renderings, diagrams, perspective sections, calculations, and more which you can pull right from your Revit model.
- [Instructor] Once you've decided to start following…VR-ready BIM practices, let's go over a few ideas…for jobs that you can replace…with more efficient VR-enabled versions.…I encourage you to think through your own practice,…and find more opportunities like this.…The first is perspective renderings.…For money making showpieces there are Art Viz Professionals,…for everything else, there is Enscape, and similar products.…If your model is set up with all the relevant elements…being actually modeled in 3D, there is no reason to spend…the time with 3DS Max, or Photoshop.…
Just communicate your design.…Get to know the settings of these easy…visualization tools well,…and you can enable quick visualization iterations.…Next is rendered plans.…Early in my architecture career, I had clients that demanded…these colorized 2D plans to help them understand the design…from a space planning perspective.…I'm sure there are similar demands in all firms,…and with all clients.…Based on the LOD of our models,…that meant exporting drawings to Illustrator,…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.