Dynamo offers methods to export studies that can be imported into Revit, which is demonstrated in this video. Exporting graphs from Dynamo is used to execute graphs with Revit GD.
- [Instructor] We now have a Dynamo script … that contains all of the elements needed … to run a generative design study … including the inputs, generators, … evaluators, and outputs. … So, now let's take a look … at how we can export the Dynamo script, … so that anyone can use it within Revit. … I currently have … the Dynamo and Revit exercise files open for this lesson, … which is where we left off from in the last lesson. … Lucky for us, the Dynamo team … have made it super easy … to deploy our generative design scripts to Revit. … In the menus along the top, … we have a Generative Design tab. … Within this menu is a few functions … that relate to generative design. … The, Create Study and Explore Outcomes selections, … open up the dialogues as they would in Revit. … For example, we can create a study … and this opens up the Create Study option. … Keep in mind here … that we cannot select Revit elements using this method. … So to do this, … we would need to retrieve the wall elements …
- What is generative design?
- Loading and running a generative design study in Revit
- Reviewing outcomes
- Refining variables
- Generating studies in Dynamo
- Specifying inputs and outputs
- Exporting studies
- Importing Dynamo-generated studies into Revit