Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring wall properties and types, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
Most elements in Revit have both instance and type properties, walls are no exception.…Some of the behaviors that we witness with walls are driven by the each…individual instance and some are controlled at the type level.…If you change something at the type level, it changes all instances of that wall.…So in this movie, I'm going to look at some examples of each kind of property,…and I have here on screen a file called Wall Properties and I've annotated the…file to indicate the Location Line feature.…In the previous movie, we looked at a lot of the settings of the walls but we…haven't covered the Location Line feature yet, so let's start with that.…
Now this wall right here, is just one of the default wall types, it's the…Exterior Brick on CMU Wall.…And it has a Base Constraint of Level 1 and it's unconnected at the moment.…But right here is the feature I want to focus on, Location Line, and if I open…that up, you'll see that there are several options for that.…Now I've indicated them here with these lines.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.