Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring piping systems, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- I'd like to explore piping systems.…So, why is this green?…Why is this blue?…Why is this black?…Well, let's take a look.…What I'd like to do is,…I want to go down to our enlarged mechanical room.…We have some black pipe.…I'm going to select this pipe just to see what it is.…Now, we can have a pipe type, remember?…Pipe type standard, we can click edit type,…and we can select physically what that pipe is.…Pipe segment copper, and we can specify…all of the elbows, tees, bends,…whatever we want to have in this pipe type.…
We can load different families,…we can have different segments and sizes.…Remember also, if you load family,…you can go to your manufacturer,…you grab Mueller,…you can grab any kind of piping segments that you want.…So, I'm going to hit cancel here.…I'm going to hit cancel here.…But, now if we scroll down…we're going to see we have an entire another system.…Hydronic return.…So, we have a system type and we have a system name.…
And also notice that we have piping systems here.…So, what I want to do is,…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin20h Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.