Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring model lines, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this movie, we're going to look at model lines. …Model lines can be used for a variety of things, and they are really a very simple object. …They are actually a two-dimensional object, but as their name implies, they are considered …part of the model. …So even though it's two-dimensional linework, it's going to show in any 3D view because …Revit thinks of it as part of the model. …So imagine that you're actually painting lines on the wall and you have a pretty good idea …of what a model line is intended for. …The example I'm going to show you is using a model line instead of actually modeling …three-dimensional geometry.…
In the movie where we looked at sweeps and reveals, we saw that a reveal could carve …away from the form of a wall. And it may be tempting to use reveals for smaller-scale …details, things like control joints and very small indentations in the wall. …And while it seems like a pretty good idea at the time, on a small project you might be …able to get away with it, but in a larger project the overhead that you start to introduce …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.