Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring advanced stitching strategies, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
In this movie we'll continue our stitching of the edge conditions on the curtain…panels, picking up where we left off in the last movie.…I am in a file called Advanced Stitching Strategies, looking at the front of the…building, and I'm going to use my Shift and wheel and just sort of spin around…and zoom in on the front.…If you watched the last movie, you remember that we started off by selecting the…surface and changing the partial tiles to Empty.…Well, the trouble we're going to have when we do this here is we lose that…really nice condition that we had around the doorway opening.…
Now I'm going to set it back to Partial and show you that this is sort of a…trade-off, but this opening here, I really like the way that it is doing the…partial tiles around there.…I'm just not satisfied with it around these edges in these conditions here.…A different strategy that we can take is, instead of changing the entire wall to…node partial tiles, what we'll do instead is use our Tab key and we will tab…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.