Exercise files are organized into folders named and numbered according to the chapter. We'll build each Dynamo file from scratch during the course.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you can download them to your desktop, as I've done here. You'll find the Dynamo files organized into different folders, named and numbered according to the chapter we'll use them in. When a video uses an exercise file, the name of that exercise file will display on the screen within the first few seconds of the video. Files whose name contain the word begin should match what you see on screen at the beginning of the video. And files whose names end with the word end will reflect the state of the graph at the end of the video. All of the Dynamo examples will run on the Revit file called Sample Project that ships with the course.
You'll find these Revit files in the top level folder of the exercise files. I've included two versions of the Revit file, one for Revit 2016 and one for Revit 2017. If you haven't yet installed Dynamo for Revit, you can download it for free at dynamobin.com. Dynamo comes in two flavors, Dynamo for Revit and Dynamo Studio. This course is going to focus on Dynamo for Revit. Keep in mind that when you launch Dynamo from the Revit toolbar, Dynamo is going to look at and interact with whichever Revit file is open and active. So if you're going to follow along using the exercise files, go ahead and open your Revit file now.
If you don't have access to the exercise files, that's okay, I'll build up each of these Dynamo files from scratch, so you can follow along and run these examples on your own Revit project. Alright, that's all the housekeeping we needed to get out of the way. Let's fire up Revit and get started in Dynamo.
- Renumbering rooms by their building level
- Reading Revit element data with Dynamo
- Setting Revit parameter values
- Calculating occupant loads
- Analyzing room layouts
- Interpreting Revit geometry and curtain panel boundaries
- Generating architectural patterns based on random numbers