Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing railings, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
When you create stairs in Revit, they automatically create railings.…In the case of our grand stair here in our museum, we got the default railing…with the regular-space balusters.…I would like to use something here that's a little bit more conducive to the…design that we have,…so in this movie we are going to look at how we can not only swap out the…types of railings that we are using, but also how we can change the path that they follow.…Let's take care of the railing that goes along the edge of the wall first.…That's definitely our easier one.…
Let's select that railing.…I can do it right here in the Perspective view. And over here on the Properties…palette, I can open up a Type selector. And I have got some railings already…loaded in the project here, and this one here is called Handrail-Pipe-Wall-Ramp.…I am going to choose that, and that removes all the balusters and just gives us a…simple handrail with some wall supports at regular intervals.…That railing type, and, if I zoom in, this one up here, both came from a file…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.