Learn how to edit simple parametric families in Revit. Explore how to add and flex parameters so that it’s ready to load into your project model.
- [Instructor] This box looks a little short to me.…So let's go in and modify the properties…of this family before even saving it.…Up here is the Family Types button.…Within a Family definition,…you can have several different types.…For example, you can create a door once,…and then have five different versions of that door…that are all associated with each other,…and are modified only in door width, or door heighth.…So in this case,…the height got left right where it started…as the default extrusion length of one foot.…
Let's make that three feet,…which will be a comfortable working height.…I also like to name this type.…I'm going to call it six foot…Bus Table.…So in the future if I have another use…for one of these box-shaped placeholder families,…I can just create a new type of this family,…change the name, and modify the dimensions.…Alright, now that's looking more like the shape…that we want.…
Let's save this family.…So I'll go into 2019,…Chapter Three, and save this as…Generic…Furniture Box.…By saving it, I've named this family,…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.