Continue our exploration of the View Range dialog, in the previous movie we focused on …the Cut Plane and how we could manipulate that. …But we often want to customize our floor plans and control the way that objects either above …or below display. …So in this movie I'd like to look at how we can ensure that objects above the view range …or below the view range display in the way that we'd like. …Now, I'm going to start in this file called Above Below, and I'm going to start in the …kitchen area, the break room area over here, and just do a really common example of something …that occurs up above.…
The rules of the View Range say that if you are either intersecting the cut plane or below …the cut plane, that you'll display as long as you're above the bottom of the View Range. Let me explain. …Scroll down. Click on the View Range button. …Essentially, what I've just said is, any object that appears between here and here will display. …You could see that that's actually a pretty thin slice through our floor plan. …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.