Join Chanté Bright for an in-depth discussion in this video Dimensioning component pieces, part of Revit 2019: Professional Office Interior Design.
- [Instructor] Besides putting insulation in…and putting in any other metal piece…or maybe something else that's going into the wall,…you also may end up dimensioning this wall.…When you go to dimension though, you may have to draw lines…and so let's just see here cuz it's only going to see…the center line of the insulation,…it's not going to see the outside lines.…I'm hitting the tab key just so you know,…putting my mouse over it.…It's not saving this because it's a legend component.…If you want it to be able to dimension to those lines…so you could show the overall thickness of this wall…and what its makeup is, you're going to…have to come back through.…
You're going to have to go back to annotate,…you're going to have to go to detail line.…And once again, I'm going to change these from wide line…to maybe this time a thin line…because this is what you want the dimension line to hit.…I'm going to have to go back over these pieces.…Sometimes it's a bit much.…Some people don't mind doing that…because they're going to want to show this dimension.…
- Setting up your project
- Creating views
- Modeling walls
- Using and modifying storefronts
- Creating wall legends with components
- Modeling ceilings
- Adding doors and openings
- Adding details such as millwork and floors
- Creating custom schedules
Skill Level Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Revit and Dynamo for Interior Designwith William Carney4h 57m Intermediate
Initial steps1m 28s
1. Workspace Setup
2. Modeling Walls
3. Wall Legends
4. Modeling Ceilings
5. Finishing the Space
6. Final Thoughts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.