Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Designing with curtain wall types, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
Curtain walls come in a few varieties in Revit.…We have curtain walls, curtain systems,…sloped glazing, and of course our panelized divided surfaces.…In the earlier chapters, we spent a lot of time covering examples of…the panelized systems.…We also created some placeholder curtain system elements directly from the…faces of our mass model.…In this chapter, we will refine the placeholder elements a bit more and explore…some of the features of the standard curtain wall and sloped glazing elements.…In this movie, I'm going to start with the entrances to our building and to the…outdoor sculpture gallery.…
So what I have here onscreen is the final version of the project file for…this chapter called Ch07 (Finish), and I just wanted to show you what the end…result will look like.…Now I'm in Temporary Hide/Isolate mode because I have the entrance canopy turned…off, so that you can see that all I'm doing here is adding a few revolving doors…to the main entrance and refining the design of the curtain wall a little bit.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.