Design review is important to architects and the development of the model must also attend to this aspect of the process. Material and the use of SketchUp is reviewed in this video.
- [Instructor] In the National BIM Guide for Owners, … one of the authorized uses … of a model for an architect is the ability … to do design review with the model. … Although this is one of the obvious benefits, … it can also produce the most complications. … Winning work is an emotional process for an architect. … They are putting themselves on the line, … and their firm's viability … is secured by their successes. … Because of this, it is completely understandable … that the architect rely on the tools … that they most intuitively understand … for the conceptual process. … For many, this is SketchUp. … For others, FormIt is the go-to program at the beginning. … The initial challenge is how to move … from a conceptual design … to a design development model. … As noted previously, this, … many times, incurs remodeling. … Developing a process that can reduce … dual modeling is beneficial … for the architect's overhead … and the project, in general. … One of the tools that is used … to reduce dual modeling …
- Comparing BIM and Revit
- The facility life cycle
- Lean BIM Execution Plans
- Deliverables and linking strategies
- Model control strategies
- Model requirements
- Design reviews
- Scope, schedule, and budget
- Streamlining the process
- Project phases
- Lean design coordination meeting
- Preventing retro-BIMing
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
Introduction - The Architect's Lean BIM Execution Plan
1. BIM in the Design Phase
2. Digital Excellence and Intentionality
3. Modeling Requirements
4. Coordination and Deliverables
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.