Consider the BIM requirements during design development.
- [Instructor] The design development phase…is a lot like the schematic design phase in terms of BIM,…the big difference being the level of information…that we have in our model at this stage in the project.…The model will be more developed in design development…than in schematic design.…Because it is more developed…and we've refined the information inside of our model…at that point,…the question becomes what level of development…does this model need to be?…Does it need to be closer to the schematic phase…or does it need to be closer…to the construction document phase level of development…in terms of amount of information inside of the model?…This is critical in planning…how long it will take us to get from point A to point B…or from the start of the design development phase…to the end of the design development phase,…as well as timing out how long…that our CD phase, the construction document phase,…will actually take us.…
So, we need to document what level of detail…needs to be in design development.…Also, we need to start considering model performance.…
- Understanding the need for a BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Documenting the basic project information
- Specifying project milestones
- Identifying BIM goals and uses
- Determining how BIM will be used in design documentation
- Designing the BIM execution process
- Defining the LOD in the BIM Execution Plan
- Determining the information that needs to be in the model
- Collaboration procedures
- Defining the software to be used
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the BIM Execution Plan
2. Identify BIM Goals and Uses
3. Designing the BIM Execution Process
What is LOD?3m 28s
4. Collaboration Procedures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.