One of the initial and longest lasting things an architect does is to set up the files at the beginning of the project. This video reviews various linking structures including potential owner requirements.
- [Instructor] When looking at an individual project, … there're two aspects of Revit management … that must be assessed near the beginning of a project. … Linking structure and model control strategies. … These are sections H and J of the template architects BIM … execution plan we are reviewing. … The linking structure is directly related … to the deliverables, … so we will start there. … Deliverables and BIM constitute models and drawings. … When you are defining deliverables, … the software platform should be defined … as well as the method by which the files will be linked … using project origin or by using shared coordinates. … It should also be understood that the owner will … own the files at the end of the project … and they are provided as an instrument of service … to the client. … However, it should not be forgotten that sets of drawings … are also the deliverables, and the model should be set up … to effectively create these drawings. … Regarding basic linking structures. …
- Comparing BIM and Revit
- The facility life cycle
- Lean BIM Execution Plans
- Deliverables and linking strategies
- Model control strategies
- Model requirements
- Design reviews
- Scope, schedule, and budget
- Streamlining the process
- Project phases
- Lean design coordination meeting
- Preventing retro-BIMing
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
Introduction - The Architect's Lean BIM Execution Plan
1. BIM in the Design Phase
2. Digital Excellence and Intentionality
3. Modeling Requirements
4. Coordination and Deliverables
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.