Specify the software used in a project.
- [Instructor] In section six we specified…the software to be used on the project,…including the version of the software begin used.…This allows each project participant to understand…how the information is being incorporated…into the model and if they can bring the data…from one discipline into their own model.…The software version could become critical…as not all software can read the information…from newer versions of the software…or that information may require upgrading…before it can be used.…By keeping the versions standardized…across a project, it will make it easier…for the project teams to share information.…
Also, I've added a note that says any changes…in the software or version upgrades…must be communicated to the BIM team…prior to the change or upgrade.…This indicates that while this is been put into writing,…this document is still a flexible document.…If any changes need to occur in the software,…that needs to be communicated to the project team…and then that information should be updated…here in the BIM execution plan.…
- Understanding the need for a BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Documenting the basic project information
- Specifying project milestones
- Identifying BIM goals and uses
- Determining how BIM will be used in design documentation
- Designing the BIM execution process
- Defining the LOD in the BIM Execution Plan
- Determining the information that needs to be in the model
- Collaboration procedures
- Defining the software to be used
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the BIM Execution Plan
2. Identify BIM Goals and Uses
3. Designing the BIM Execution Process
What is LOD?3m 28s
4. Collaboration Procedures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.