Define the process of coordination.
- [Instructor] In section 12,…we define the process of BIM coordination,…which includes the coordination meetings.…Some of the major items…that need to be covered in this section include…who holds and runs the coordination meetings?…This will typically be the BIM coordinator on the project…that reviews the models and guides the coordination meetings…once everyone is present.…Who must attend the coordination meetings?…Within the document, you could define…if it's only individuals doing the modeling…that need to attend…or if specific members of the design team…with decision-making authority need to attend.…
What software will be used?…This is specific for the coordination process.…We need to define which software will be used,…such as Navisworks or Solibri,…so that we are provided with the appropriate file types…to do the coordination process.…Who is responsible for the clash detection?…Usually, this will be an individual…running the coordination meeting,…but it could be their coworker or subordinate…that is dedicated to this specific task.…
- Understanding the need for a BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Documenting the basic project information
- Specifying project milestones
- Identifying BIM goals and uses
- Determining how BIM will be used in design documentation
- Designing the BIM execution process
- Defining the LOD in the BIM Execution Plan
- Determining the information that needs to be in the model
- Collaboration procedures
- Defining the software to be used
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the BIM Execution Plan
2. Identify BIM Goals and Uses
3. Designing the BIM Execution Process
What is LOD?3m 28s
4. Collaboration Procedures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.