Document who creates the BIM content.
- [Instructor] The Design Model Use…and Requirements section, which in our BIM execution plan…is Section Six,…defines how each one of the BIM models will be created,…the overall level of development for those BIM models,…as well as, who's responsible for each one of the models…that are part of the BIM process.…To begin this process, we first need to fill in…all they different types of models that will be used.…If there's a model or a component of the design process…which is just for visualization,…we would have visualization as one of the BIM uses.…
If one company is focusing on…all the architectural drawings,…we would have an architecture category.…MEP stands for Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing,…in this case it's one firm…that is doing all those different tasks.…And then I've also placed a Structural…and a Coordination use for the BIM model.…Besides each one of those,…we have responsible parties.…Here we have the company that's responsible…for creating the model that's being used for that purpose.…
So, unique expressions is being used for visualization.…
- Understanding the need for a BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Documenting the basic project information
- Specifying project milestones
- Identifying BIM goals and uses
- Determining how BIM will be used in design documentation
- Designing the BIM execution process
- Defining the LOD in the BIM Execution Plan
- Determining the information that needs to be in the model
- Collaboration procedures
- Defining the software to be used
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the BIM Execution Plan
2. Identify BIM Goals and Uses
3. Designing the BIM Execution Process
What is LOD?3m 28s
4. Collaboration Procedures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.