Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Cutting voids, part of Structural Families in Revit.
- Voids are used when we need to subtract…geometry from a solid object.…This video has us creating an extrusion.…Then we're going to remove a portion of that extrusion…using a void.…Under Families let's go New.…Let's scroll down to Generic Model, and let's click Open.…Let's create some reference planes for an extrusion.…I want to go one foot.…I'm going to dimension them.…And let's just add one parameter for both of these.…I hold down the Control key and select both…of my dimensions, now I can add a label.…
I'll just call it Size.…And I'm going to click OK.…I'm going to go to the Front Elevation.…Zoom all.…I'm going to Create Similar.…I'm going to offset a reference plane six feet.…I actually sent mine in the wrong direction.…If you do that, simply select it and hit Delete.…I'm going to dimension this.…I'm going to select my dimension,…click my Label dropdown and add a parameter…and call it Height, and I'm going to click OK.…
Now I'm going to create three reference planes.…I'm going to right click, Create Similar,…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 57m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.