Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Cutting holes using void geometry, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this movie, we'll continue with the geometry for our pool table family, and we're going …to add a void form. …And the void form will be used to carve the pockets out of the tabletop surface here. …So, I'm in a file called Adding Voids, and I've got my four windows tiled: my Floor Plan, …my 3D View, and a Front and a Left Elevation. …I'm going to do this work in the Floor Plan view. …And like we did in the Adding Solids movie, I want to take these solid forms and go to …the sunglasses and temporarily hide those, just to get them out of my way for a moment.…
I'm going to zoom in over here on this corner, because I want to get a nice clean look at …those reference planes. …It's really important that the geometry I create is associated with the reference planes …and not the other geometry. …I'm going to go to the Create tab. …And over here on the Forms panel, there is a dropdown which gives you the same five shapes …that we have as solids, but we can create those as voids. And voids just cut away from the solids. …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.