In this video, Chante' Bright shows you how to create custom millworking pieces that add a finishing touch to an interior rendering. This video also shows you how to use the model-in-place tool and loading profiles.
- [Instructor] Most interior designers…need to show some type of rendering…or maybe sketch…of different spaces…to really sell the project…to their client.…One of those ways…that you can do that is adding in…a custom pieces of millwork into your model.…This is not something that you normally model…into a Revit model.…But it's,…it is helpful for a few reasons…It shows up in your rendering…and it completes the look of the room.…Number two,…you can then schedule it…and maybe do material take off's of it.…
And have accurate sizes…of how long of face board that you're going to be using…inside of your project.…So what we're going to do is,…we're going to add that in.…Now, because this is something that's not normally modeled…inside of Revit…it has to be done through modeling…and modeling in place.…And if you don't have that feature…because you have Revit light.…Unfortunately you won't be able to do it this way…What you want to do first…So we're going to go to architecture…And we're going to…go down to where it says component…We're going to click the drop down underneath the component…
- Setting up your project
- Creating views
- Modeling walls
- Using and modifying storefronts
- Creating wall legends with components
- Modeling ceilings
- Adding doors and openings
- Adding details such as millwork and floors
- Creating custom schedules
Skill Level Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Revit and Dynamo for Interior Designwith William Carney4h 57m Intermediate
Initial steps1m 28s
1. Workspace Setup
2. Modeling Walls
3. Wall Legends
4. Modeling Ceilings
5. Finishing the Space
6. Final Thoughts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.