In this movie, we'll look at sweeps and reveals.…A sweep is material that you add to a wall, and a reveal is material that you…carve away. Both use a two dimensional family type…called a profile, which determines the shape of the material that you're either…adding or removing, and then that material is pushed along the length and or the…height of the wall. We can apply sweeps and reveals at either…the type level in which case they would apply to all instances of that wall type,…or we can actually apply them wall by wall by selecting the individual walls that we…want to add them to. So I'm in a file here called Sweeps and…Reveals and let's go ahead and start by doing a type based sweep that we're…going to apply to this exterior wall type. So I'm going to select one of the…instances of this interior wall and you could see that its the basic wall exterior…brick on metal stud type. And I'm going to choose the Edit Type dialogue.…
Next, I'm going to go to the Edit Structure, like we have done before.…And what I want to get to is Sweep button down here, but as you can see, its…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is BIM?
- Understanding Revit element hierarchy
- Navigating views
- Creating a new project from a template
- Refining a layout with temporary dimensions
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding plumbing fixtures and other components
- Linking AutoCAD DWG files
- Rotating and aligning Revit links
- Working with footprint and extrusion roofs
- Adding openings
- Adding railings and extensions to stairs
- Creating stacked and curtain walls
- Hiding and isolating objects
- Adding rooms
- Creating schedule views and tags
- Adding text and dimensions
- Creating new families
- Plotting and creating a PDF
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Is this course valid for all of the Revit architecture products? Are there any movies in this course that do not work in Revit LT?
A: This course is designed to work for anybody learning any of the Revit architecture products, including Autodesk Revit (available as part of the "Autodesk Building Design Suite"product), Autodesk Revit Architecture, and Autodesk Revit LT.
However, some individual movies in the course are not valid in Revit LT, due to the limited feature set of that application. Those movies are:
Chapter 3 - Accessing multi-user worksharing projects
Chapter 5 - Establishing shared coordinates
Chapter 6 - Using the shape editing tools to create a flat roof
Chapter 7 - Working with stairs
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
8. Complex Walls
9. Visibility and Graphic Controls
11. Schedules and Tags
12. Annotation and Details
13. The Basics of Families
14. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.