Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a view title, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- This video, we'll create a View Title from scratch.…We will then load it into a model…and drag a View onto a Sheet.…Then we're going to replace the Default View Title…with our new one.…So let's get started.…Under Families, let's go New.…Let's go to Annotations.…We'll scroll down to View Title…and let's click Open.…Delete the red note.…We're going to keep this line…because this is going to come into play…when we load this into our Project.…What I want to do is create a little box here.…
So I want to go to Create,…Line.…On my Draw panel, I'm going to Pick Lines…so I'm going to pick this reference plane.…Now my offset wants to be 1/8 of an inch.…I'm going to offset it up then down.…Now my offset, I'm going to type in 3/8 of an inch.…I'm going to offset this to the left.…Hit Escape.…I'm going to type T R for Trim.…I'm going to trim these all out.…
I'm going to add one more line in the middle here.…I'm going to go to Create, Line…and I'm going to go from here to here.…Ok, let's add some Labels to this.…I'm going to go to Create, Label.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.