Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating vertically compound walls, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
Basic walls are the same material from bottom all the way to top.…To get more variety along the height of the wall, you have several options in Revit.…You can use sweeps, reveals, stacked or curtain walls.…You can also use vertically compound walls.…Any of these is acceptable, given the current circumstances and design goals.…In this movie, we're going to look at vertically compound walls.…What a vertically compound wall does is it allows you to vary the material of…the wall as it moves up the height of the wall.…All this means is we're going to be changing the structure of the wall as it…moves vertically, thus the name vertically compound.…
To do this, I'm in a file here called SAMOCA_V4, and I'm going to zoom in on our…tower element. And I'm going to select one of these walls and kind of spin the…model around, just so we can see the backside here. And I'll use my Ctrl key and…select these three walls at the top.…So what I want to do is add some horizontal bands along the lengths of these…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.