Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating tilt wall, part of Structural Families in Revit.
- [Voiceover] The objective of this video is to create…a line-based family.…We're going to first create some tilt-wall panels…then we're going to load them into our line-based family.…We'll then array our tilt-wall panels,…and load them into a project.…So, to begin, let's go with Families, let's click on New.…I want to start with a generic model.…I'm going to click Open.…I want to make some new reference planes…by right clicking on this reference plane,…I'm going to Create Similar.…On my Draw panel, I'm going to click…on the Pick Lines button.…
I'm going to offset them 4 feet.…I'm going to click Align Dimension,…and I'm going to dimension these.…I'm going to click EQ,…then I'm going to do a long length dimension…click off of that, and hit Escape.…I'm going to select my 8-foot dimension,…and I'm going to label it,…and I'm going to call it Panel Length.…I'm going to keep it as a tight parameter,…and I'm going to click OK.…I'm going to right click on the horizontal reference plane,…and I'm going to Create Similar.…
On my Draw panel, I'll click the Pick Lines button.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 57m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.