Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating symbolic lines, part of Architectural Families in Revit.
- [Voiceover] Okay, our door looks pretty cool,…but it doesn't quite look right in plan.…The objective of this video is…to put our plan view symbology line work in there.…We're also going to have a yes/no parameter…that lets it go 45 degrees or 90 degrees…based on its phasing.…So let's jump into door symbolic…and the first thing I'm going to do…is go to floor plans ref. level.…I'm going to draw a symbolic line under the annotate tab.…However, it's got to be the length of the rough opening.…I don't know what that length is.…So I'm going to go to create.…I'm going to go to family types.…
I'm going to remember that my rough width…is three foot eight and a half.…So, I'm going to close out of here.…I'm going to go to annotate.…I'm going to go to symbolic line…and I'm gonna come right down here…and I'm gonna pick this point right here.…Now, I'm going to come over at a 45 degree angle, or 135,…and I'm going to go three foot eight space one half inch.…I'm going to hit Enter.…Now I'm going to come down this way.…I'm going to go inch and a half.…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.