Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating sweeps, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- Sweeps are cool and they work awesome.…Essentially we can add a sweep to either a 3D edge…or sketch our own.…If the sweep is appended to an object that is…parameter driven, the sweep will flex along with the object.…The objective of this video is to create a sweepable object…then sweep away.…We will create a sweep by sketch,…a sweep using a profile,…and a blended sweep.…Let's start a New Family,…and we'll go to the Generic Model.…Let's go to a Front Elevation in our project browser.…Type z + a to zoom all.…
I'm going to right click on this reference plane,…and I'm going to Create Similar.…On my Draw panel, I'm going to uses my Pick Lines button.…I'm going to Offset up 8'.…While I'm at it, I'm going to Offset to the right 8'.…Now I'm going to hit escape.…I'm going to select this reference plane and drag it over.…I'm going to drag this reference plane up a little bit.…The idea is I'm going to have a post that comes up…to this point, then it come at an angle up to here.…
Let's add some parameters.…On my Measure panel, I'm going to click Aligned Dimension.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.