Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating structural stiffeners using a template, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- Sometimes it's nice to just insert a…small stiffener in a beam when a column bears on it.…Or when you want to alleviate twist in a structural member.…By using the structural stiffener template,…we're going to create a line-based…structural stiffener and add it to a model.…So, to get started, let's jump into Revit,…under Families, let's click on the New button.…Let's scroll down 'til we find…structural stiffener, line-based.…Let's click Open.…Now, the first thing I want to do is create a sweep.…
So, on the Forms panel, let's click…on the Solid Sweep button.…I want to sketch a path, so let's click Sketch Path.…Let's type S + I for snap intersection,…and then S + I for snap intersection.…I'm going to hit Escape a couple times.…I'm done selecting that, so I'm…going to click on Finish Edit Mode.…Now, let's go to our elevations,…and let's go to my favorite, left elevation.…
Let's click on Edit Profile.…Let's make some reference planes.…Let's go to the Create tab.…Let's click Reference Plane.…On the Draw panel, let's click on the Pick Lines button.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.