Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a stile and rail door panel, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] Okay, let's make a door panel.…To do so, let's jump into our door panel file,…and let's follow along.…First thing I wanna do, though,…is set our rough width to be different.…What I'd like to do is go to my exterior elevation,…select this width,…and I'm gonna click the drop-down here,…and I'm gonna put that on Rough Width.…Now I'm gonna go to my family types,…and my rough width is gonna be a formula.…So Rough Width is gonna be width plus jam total size,…so I'm gonna type in width, I'm gonna space,…plus sign, now remember we gotta open the brackets,…jam hyphen total size.…
We're gonna close that bracket.…We're gonna hit Enter, perfect.…Now let's make a bunch more door parameters.…I'm gonna click on my New Parameter button.…The name will be door hyphen reveal,…it'll be a type parameter, and we'll hit okay.…Let's make that one eighth of an inch.…Let's click New Parameter.…We're gonna make this door style size, hyphen,…and that's good, I'm gonna hit OK.…I'm gonna grab Door-Thickness,…and I'm gonna click the little up button here,…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.