Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating stepped footing tags, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- This is the first actual video…that has us making edits to an existing tag…as opposed to creating a new one.…I like to see both top and bottom elevations…on a stepped footing tag.…We can do that with some simple tweaks.…This video we'll grab a spot elevation.…Then we're going to create a stepped footing tag…and tag that puppy.…So to get started, let's go to Projects.…Let's click on Structural Template.…Let's go down to Level 1 in our structural plans.…And let's go to Structural, let's click Wall.…
We can use a Basic Wall Generic 8'', that's fine.…But instead of Depth, let's change it to Height.…This is all fine, let's click on the X for the warning.…The height will go up to up to Level 2.…I'm going to draw a wall right here.…Zoom in on it.…On my Structure tab,…I'm going to click on Wall Foundation.…I'm just going to select my wall.…I'm going to go to my south elevation now.…
I'm going to select my wall…and on my Mode panel,…I'm going to click on Edit Profile.…I'm going to draw some steps in…by clicking the Line button on my Draw panel.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.