Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a startup sheet, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- This one's kind of simple…but I like it.…It's what's called a start up sheet.…When we open a project up,…it generally opens to the last view we had open.…This causes larger projects to sometimes…take forever to open,…especially if the last view open…was a realistic 3D view of the entire model.…By having a sheet…with just basic information on it,…we can jump into a project a lot quicker.…So, what I'd like to do is…under families I'm going to click on new.…I'm going to go to titleblocks.…
I generally use a D size for this.…So, I'm going to click on D…and I'm going to click open.…It's basically a blank titleblock.…On the create tab, I'm going to click on label.…I'm going to put a label right up here,…I'm going to call this project name,…I'm going to load it in.…I'm going to click apply,…I'm going to click OK.…I'm going to widen this all the way to the end,…and instead of Tag 1, I'm going to click on edit type.…
I'm going to duplicate and I'm going to call it title,…I'm going to click OK.…Now, I want to make my text size a 1/2 an inch,…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 57m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.