Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating spaces, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] Spaces.…We put a couple in, but I want to…show you how they tie in with the…architectural Room Name and Number.…See, we always want the Space Tag…to read the architectural Room Name…and Number, 'cus that way when the…architect changes the Room Name or Number…it will update in our model.…But the problem is, it's not automatically tied in.…So, our Space Name and our Room Name and…Number are going to be different.…So, let's go down to floor plan level one.…What I want to do is I want to zoom in here,…and I want to tag everything in one shot.…
So, what we can do if we go to the Annotate tab…and if we click Tag All,…I want to scroll down to Space Tags…and I want to click Apply and I want to click OK.…It will skip a couple times.…That's pretty cool, but what we have…to do now is we have to come in and marry these up.…A couple things I'd like to do though…is make some adjustments.…For Storage 103A, I'm going to select this tag,…and I'm just going to grab this move button,…and I'm going to move it down just a little bit.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin10h 53m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.