Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a shelving bracket, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do is create some shelving.…I'm choosing shelving…because it has a few more tricky little components in it…than a normal family.…So, to get started, I wanna start with a bracket.…So under families, let's go to new.…Now, I'm gonna scroll down…till I find my favorite generic model…and I'm gonna click open.…Now, I'm gonna change my scale.…I'm gonna go from 1/2"…to 12"equals a foot.…I'm gonna zoom way in, cuz I'm gonna offset this…only 1/16" each way.…So, I'm gonna right click on one of my reference planes,…and I'm gonna create similar.…On my draw panel,…I'm gonna click on my pick lines button…and I'm gonna give that an offset of 1/16".…
I'm gonna offset it up,…zoom in close, close…and I'm gonna offset it down…and I'm gonna hit escape.…I'm gonna click on my aligned dimension button,…and I'm gonna go from the bottom,…to the mid, to the top,…and I'm gonna pick a point right here.…Now, I'm gonna click on EQ.…Now I'm gonna dimension overall here to here, hit escape,…I'm gonna select my 1/8" dimension,…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.