Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a shelf, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] Okay, let's make the shelf…part of the shelving unit.…This one's gonna be easy.…Under families, let's go new.…I'm gonna scroll down to generic model,…and I'm gonna click open.…Now, I'm gonna right click…on this reference plane,…and I'm gonna create similar.…On my draw panel,…I'm gonna click on my pick lines button,…and I'm gonna offset this two feet to the left,…and then two feet to the right.…I'm gonna change my offset to one foot,…and I'm gonna offset this reference plane down one foot,…then I'm gonna hit escape.…I'm gonna click on my align dimension button,…and I'm gonna dimension from here,…to here, to here, in one continuous shot.…
I'm gonna pick a point off here,…click my eq button,…then I'm gonna put in my overall dimension.…I'm gonna select my four foot dimension.…From my label, I'm gonna go to add parameter,…and for the name, I'm gonna call it width.…Now I'm gonna click okay, and hit escape.…Now I'm gonna click on align dimension,…I'm gonna dimension from here, to here,…and I'm gonna pick a point off of it like that,…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.